The Japan Foundation, in collaboration with KL Performing Arts Centre (KLPac) is organizing theatre workshop for Set Design and Costume from 2 (Fri) to 4(Sun) March 2007, by two renowned Japanese specialists in theatre, Mr. SUGIYAMA Itaru and Ms. HATANO Kazue. We would like to call for participation to the workshop, as the following details:
The workshop will focus on Set Design and Costume. Through the entire workshop, the participants are expected to experience the world of performing arts from the body to the atmosphere, not only by observation, but also by mobilizing various feelings and senses. Participants will explore the concept of design under certain keywords, understand the concept of “place” and “space”, and sketch them.
Why You Should Join the Workshop?
1. The facilitators Mr. SUGIYAMA Itaru and Ms. HATANO Kazue are two big names in theatre industry in Japan, who has won numerous awards, inside and outside Japan for their creative works. They have a lot of experiences conducting workshops in the overseas. Mr. Sugiyama came to Malaysia in 2006 with Seinendan Company for a theatre performance, Tokyo Notes and received well response from the audience on the set design.
2. Workshop will be done, not only indoor, but also with outdoor activities including finding objects and materials.
3. Participants will experience the feeling of “being on stage” as they will be required to create a performance based on certain themes and concepts that are going to be learnt throughout the workshop.
Requirements of participation:
・ Those who are interested in performing arts and thinking of becoming staff or cast in the future (graphic, fine artists, and fashion designers are also welcomed).
・ Age of 16 and above.
・ Those who are able to participate for the whole 3-day program (there is a performance that will be performed by the participants).
The KL Performing Arts Centre (KLPac)
Sentul Park, Jalan Strachan, 51100 KL
Date & Time:
2 March 2007 (Fri)
– Session 1: 7.00pm ~ 10.00pm
3 March 2007 (Sat)
– Session 2: 10.00am ~ 1.00pm
– Session 3: 2.00pm ~ 5.00pm
– Session 4: 5.30pm ~ 8.30pm
4 March 2007 (Sun)
– Session 5: 10.00am ~ 1.00pm
– Session 6: 2.00pm ~ 5.00pm
Number of participants is limited, and participation is FREE. Please contact us at 03-2161-2104 (Mr. Hafiz/Ms. Kugai) or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for registration and further information regarding the workshop