JOB OPPORTUNITY @ JFKL February 2014
The Japan Foundation, Kuala Lumpur (JFKL)
18th Floor, Northpoint Block B, Mid-Valley City, No. 1 Medan Syed Putra, 59200 Kuala Lumpur
Senior Administrative Officer
Outline of the Position
The position is to organize broad range of administration and programming work at the Cultural Affairs Department of the Japan Foundation. The work involves working with both Malaysian and Japanese Government officials, as well as various arts and creative industry sectors. One of the main role will be to obtain VISA for staff and performer, handling necessary governmental permissions such as entertainment license, censorship for the film and DVD, writing official letters to government and so on. Depending on the experience and field of expertise, tasks may involve programming of conference, symposium, performance and networking project.
It is much encouraged for the person to take active part in charge as well as to develop new ideas and to contribute to more effective work.
[ Administration for the JFKL Program ]
(1) Obtaining VISA for performers, artists, and other specialists for the program.
(2) Handling necessary governmental permissions for running the program such as Entertainment Permit, Certificate for film and DVD, dealing with custom with the exhibition and performing arts for importing necessary materials and so on.
(3) Liaisoning, contacting and writing official letters to government officials and organizations for the various requests.
[ Internal Administration Tasks ]
(4) Human Relation (HR) and general administration for the JFKL employees such as working VISA, insurance, EPF, SOCSO, Parking, Security, Cleaning and Office Management.
[Programming and Coordination of JFKL Program]
(5) Assisting planning, implementing and reporting of JFKL programs such as conference, networking program, performing arts, exhibition, film festival, grant including working as an Front of House, exhibition installation, importing/exporting films and other materials, attending guest and artists, travelling arrangements and so on.
[ Other ]
(6) Attending email inquiry of the general inquiry address, answering phone calls
(7) Assisting such other duties and matters as JFKL may assign from time to time.
Commencement of Work
From April 2014
1. Working Day and Time
Monday to Friday 8:30 to 16:30 (Lunch Time 12:30 to14:00)
» Working on weekends may be required depending on the program/event schedule and will be compensated by either replacement leave or overtime pay.
» Overtime work may be required and will be fully paid according to Malaysian Employment Act.
2. Other Conditions
(1) Salary – RM 3,500-4,500 depending on experience
(2) Holidays: Saturday and Sunday, and other holidays determined by JFKL.
(3) Leave: Annual Leave 14 days, Medical Leave 14 days for the first year
(4) Entitlement includes personal/accident insurance, transportation allowance, EPF, SOCSO and other additional benefits to the employees.
Eligibility / Requirements 1. Possess a Degree and experience in full-time administrative position over 5 years.
2. Age Around 35 to 45 (negotiable).
3. Language Fluent in Bahasa Malaysia and English, both writing and speaking. (Japanese and other languages abilities would be an advantage.)
4. Work experience regarding VISA, Custom and Censorship handling will be given preference.
5. Having related experience especially in the areas below will be given preference.
[Public Relations, Service Industry, Tourism Industry, Arts and Cultural Sector (Performing Arts / Fine Arts / Film etc.), Cultural or International Agency, Governmental institution]
6. Good communication and task management skills
Application/ Closing Date
Send the CV and answers to the question below to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Title Job Application by 18th March 2014.
(1) Full CV (Please include full name, address, recent photo, age, full academic and work history and expected salary)
(2) What is your related experience with Government/Arts/Culture/Japan? (Within 200 words).
(3) What is the motivation of working at the Japan Foundation to you? (Within 200 words).
Shortlisted candidates will be notified for Interview by 19th March 2014.
Interview for the shortlisted candidates will be on 20th & 21st March 2014 (unless otherwise arranged).
Cultural Affairs Department, The Japan Foundation, Kuala Lumpur
18th Floor, Northpoint Block B, Mid-Valley City, No. 1
Medan Syed Putra, 59200 Kuala Lumpur
TEL: 03-2284 7228、FAX: 03-2287 5869