The Japan Foundation, Kuala Lumpur (JFKL)
|Position||Public Relations Officer (Full-time)|
The position is to assist broader range of public relation tasks. It includes coordination, execution and development of Public Relations for all the programs in Cultural Affairs Department and issue relating to the Public Relation of JFKL. Although the task will be under supervise and direction of the senior officers who produces the programs/events, it is much encouraged for the person to take active part in charge as well as to develop new ideas and to contribute to more effective work.
(1) Media Relations and Marketing – Producing Press Release and contacting media to obtain publicity for the programs and events including web media.
[Production of Publicity Materials]
Producing and managing the materials below as well as handling the distribution for printed materials.
(2) Publicity Materials such as poster, flyer, program booklet, invitation, questionnaire and so on.
(3) “Teman Baru” (bi-monthly newsletter booklet)
[Management of Online PR Resources]
(4) JFKL Website and Facebook updating, and managing archives pages of of past events
(5) JFKL E-mail News and mail magazine
[Coordination of PR-related Tasks for Events]
(6) Managing and scheduling of the public relation task to obtain appropriate audiences and attention to the events and programs.
(7) Arranging photo and video shooting for PR materials and summarizing questionnaire.
[Management of General Enquiries and Database]
(8) Attending email inquiry of the general inquiry address, answering phone calls.
(9) Maintaining and updating the JFKL Database. (That is, mailing list)
[Implementation of Projects/Events]
(10) Assisting implementation of the JFKL projects/events relating to arts and culture, including ushering, artist and guest attend, reception and so on.
|Working Start||From 1st March, no later than 25th March 2019. (negotiable)|
2. Weekend work may be required depending on the programme/event schedule and will be compensated with either replacement leave or overtime pay.
3. Overtime work may be required and will be fully paid according to the Malaysian Employment Act.
1.Salary – RM2,500 to RM3,000 per month depending on experience.
2. Holidays – Saturday and Sunday and other holidays determined by JFKL.
3. Leave – Annual Leave 8 days, Medical Leave 14 days per fiscal year.
4. Entitlement include medical/accident insurance, transportation allowance, EPF, SOCSO, EIS and other additional benefits determined by laws in Malaysia.
1. Malaysian citizen
2. Possess a diploma or degree
3. Age: From fresh graduates to around 35 years old (negotiable)
4. Fluent in Bahasa Malaysia and English. Japanese is not necessary but would be an added advantage
5. Basic computer skills are indispensable (i.e. Microsoft word, excel, power point, internet use and email manners)
6. Having full-time work experience especially in the areas below will be given preference. [ Public Relations, Service Industry, Performing Arts, Fine Arts, Film Industry, Cultural Agency and International Agency.
7. Skills of website design or edition, using image processing application are not required but would be an advantage. Experience of website or blog making is also welcomed
8. Having interests to Japanese culture and society
9. Good communication and task management skills and able to work in a team
|Application/ Closing Date||Please send (1) – (3) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Job Application for PR Officer” by 16 January, 2019. We do not accept inquiries by telephone.
1. Full CV (with recent photo, age, full academic and work history, expected salary)
*(2) and (3) in free format.
Only successful candidates will be notified with dates of interview and short written examination.
Mr. Kurihara Tsuyoshi
18th Floor, Northpoint Block B, Mid Valley City,
No 1 Medan Syed Putra, 59200, Kuala Lumpur
Phone: 03 2284 6228
Fax: 03 2287 5869
Website : http://www.jfkl.org.my
Please download the job detail here