Date & Time: Saturday, 24th September 2011
Venue: Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan (Perempuan) Jalan Ipoh (Jalan Ipoh Girls Secondary School), Kuala Lumpur
Entry Closing Date: All entries, together with a completed application form & a recent
photo MUST reach The Japan Foundation Kuala Lumpur by Wednesday 10th August 2011
For an application form and further information, please contact: ?
The Japan Foundation Kuala Lumpur
Attn; Mr Nobli / Ms Yamakawa
Tel: 03 2284 7228 Fax: 03 2287 5869
* You can also get application form from here (← please click )
* Before application, please read carefully Rules and Regulations.
Rules and Regulations
(a) Applicants must be
(i) A Malaysian citizen who has not undergone compulsory education in Japan;
(ii) 17 years and above; and who has NOT stayed in Japan for 90 days or more;
(iii) A non-native Japanese speaker whose neither parents is a Japanese
(b) Previous contestants who has won a study tour award to Japan and students from the Japanese preparatory course will not be eligible to apply.
* If you are not eligible, we might consider you as a guest speaker. Please contact us if you are interested
2. Theme and Length of Speech, Manuscript
The Speech can be of any topic and within 6 minutes length. The manuscript submitted must be an original work of the contestant and has not been presented in any contest or event before. The Japan Foundation, Kuala Lumpur reserves the rights for all entries received.
(1) Contestants must submit their manuscript together with a completed application form before 10th August 2011.
(2) 10 contestants will be selected by a panel of judges based on the evaluation of the manuscripts received and will compete in 27th Japanese Speech Contest for Open Category National Level with other finalists from Penang and Ipoh Preliminaries.
(1) Judges will be selected from co-organizers, external Japanese language lecturer(s) and there may be some guest judges.
(2) Judges’ decision is final.
5. Travel Allowance
The Japan Foundation Kuala Lumpur (JFKL) will provide transportation allowance to contestants from whole the nation except Kuala Lumpur, Putrajaya and Selangor; contestants from East Malaysia will be provided with transportation allowance as well as one (1) night accommodation.
The 27th japanese Speech Contest National Level will be co-organized by
(i) Embassy of Japan in Malaysia
(ii) The Japan Foundation, Kuala Lumpur
(iii)The Japanese Chamber or Trade & Industry, Malaysia
(iv) The Japan Club of Kuala Lumpur
in cooperation with the Consulate-General of Japan in Penang, Alumni Look East Policy Society and Japan Graduates’ Association of Malaysia.
Among the prize sponsors for The 27th Japanese Speech Contest National Level are:- Japan Overseas Enterprises Association, Japan Airlines International Co.Ltd., Panasonic (M) Sdn Bhd, Kokuyo International (M) Sdn Bhd and Kinokuniya Book Stores (M) Sdn Bhd.