JOB OPPORTUNITY @ JFKL
The Japan Foundation is now hiring a full time position for the public relation officer at the cultural affairs department.
Monday 7th July 2014
The Japan Foundation, Kuala Lumpur (JFKL)
18th Floor, Northpoint Block B, Mid-Valley City, No. 1 Medan Syed Putra, 59200 Kuala Lumpur
Public Relations Officer (Full time)
The position is to assist broader range of public relation tasks. It includes coordination, execution and development of Public Relations for all the programs in Cultural Affairs Department and issue relating to the Public Relation of JFKL. Although the task will be under supervise and direction of the senior officers who produces the programs/events, it is much encouraged for the person to take active part in charge as well as to develop new ideas and to contribute to more effective work.
[Media Relation] (1) Media Relation and Marketing
[Production of Publicity Materials] (2) Publicity Materials such as poster, flyer, program booklet, invitation, questionnaire and so on.
(3) JFKL Website and Facebook
(4) JFKL E-mail News
(5) “Teman Baru”(bi-monthly newsletter booklet)
[Coordination of PR Related Task for Event] (6) Managing and scheduling of the public relation task to obtain appropriate audiences and attention to the program.
(7) Arranging photo and video shooting for the show and summarizing questionnaire.
(8) Assisting implementation of the JFKL programs/events including ushering, artist and guest attend, reception and so on.
[ Management of General Inquiry and Database] (9) Attending email inquiry of the general inquiry address, answering phone calls
(10) Maintaining the JFKL Database.
[ Other ] (11) Assisting such other duties and matters as JFKL may assign from time to time.
Three Years (July 2014- June 2017)
*with a possibility of renewing the contract after three years, depends on the performance.
1. Working Day and Time
Monday to Friday 8:30 to 16:30
» Working on weekends will be required depending on the program/event schedule and will be compensated by either replacement leave or overtime pay. Working on weekends will be average of once or twice a month.
» Overtime work will be fully paid according to Malaysian Employment Act.
2. Other Condition
(1) Salary – RM 2500 to 4000 depending on experience.
(2) Holidays: Saturday and Sunday, and other holidays determined by JFKL.
(3) Leave: Annual Leave 14 days, Medical Leave 14 days for the first year.
(4) Entitlement includes personal/accident insurance, transportation allowance, EPF, SOCSO and other additional benefits to the employees.
(5) Duration of Contract: 3 years and possible to renew (first 3 month will be Probation Period).
Eligibility / Requirements
1. Possess a Diploma or Degree
2. Age: From new graduates to around 35 (negotiable).
3. Language: Fluent in Bahasa Malaysia and English. (Japanese Language is not necessary but would be an advantage.)
4. Basic computer skills are indispensable (i.e.. Microsoft office, internet use, Email manners)
5. Those who can complete whole term of the contract (3 years) are much preferred.
6. Having related experience especially in the areas below will be given preference.
[Public Relations, Service Industry, Performing Arts / Fine Arts / Film Industry, Cultural Agency and International Agency] 7. Good communication and task management skills
How to Apply
Please send (1)-(4) to saiyo [at] jfkl.org.my with the Title “Job Application”.
(1) Full CV (with recent photo, age, full academic and work history, expected salary)
(2) What is your related experience with Arts/Culture/Japan?
(3) Why do you want to work with JFKL?
(4) Please bring recommendation letter from your former teacher, professor, past employer etc.
Successful Candidates will be notified with the dates of interview.
(Monday to Friday, 8:30-16:30)
Mio Yachita (Ms.)
Cultural Affairs Department,
The Japan Foundation, Kuala Lumpur
18th Floor, Northpoint Block B, Mid-Valley City,
No. 1 Medan Syed Putra, 59200 Kuala Lumpur
TEL: 03-2284 7228
E-mail: saiyo [at] jfkl.org.my