JFKL SKILL UP COURSE comprises short term language skill training courses, which provide students with effective learning methods on how to develop their language skills further. Students are strongly advised to apply for skill up courses that suit their proficiency level in order to achieve best outcome possible results.
As there will be no placement test conducted beforehand, interested applicant may be asked to perform self assessment upon registration. Please take note that the JLPT results may be irrelevant in this case as our courses are designed based on JF Standard which focus more on one’s Japanese communication proficiency.
CAN-DO DESCRIPTIONS FOR LEVEL:
A1 (Beginner learners)
- Can understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases aimed at the satisfaction of needs of a concrete type.
- Can introduce him/herself and others and can ask and answer questions about personal details such as where he/she lives, people he/she knows and things he/she has.
- Can interact with others in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.
A2 (Elementary~Pre-Intermediate learners)
- Can understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of everyday life (e.g. very basic personal & family information, shopping, local geography, employment).
- Can communicate simple ad routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
- Can describe in simple terms his/her background, immediate environment, and basic needs.
B1 (Intermediate~Pre-Advanced learners)
- Can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, and leisure.
- Can deal with most situations likely to arise while traveling in an area where the language is spoken.
- Can produce simple connected text on topics which are familiar or of personal interest.
- Can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.