Update (as of 27 January, 2017): Registration is now closed as all tickets have been redeemed. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be on the waiting list and informed of any cancellations a day before the screening. We're terribly sorry if you missed out on a seat, and hope to see you at the next Weekend Japanese Film Show in March.
Date: 4 February, 2017 (Saturday) Time: 11.30 a.m. and 3.00 p.m. (2 shows) Venue: Auditorium, Content Malaysia Pitching Centre, Unit G09 & G10, Platinum Sentral, Jalan Stesen Sentral 50470, Kuala Lumpur (directions) Admission: Free (registration is required)
Presented in Japanese with English subtitles.
Download our flyer here for the venue map.
HOW TO REGISTER ご予約方法
Step 1: Register here. ステップ1: こちらのリンクをクリックしてください: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-weekend-japanese-film-show-in-february-journey-to-the-shore-tickets-31308324040
Step 2: You will be redirected to the official Eventbrite page. Click on ‘REGISTER’. ステップ2: Eventbriteのページにジャンプします。「REGISTER」をクリックして下さい。
Step 3: Choose the session you would like to attend (11.30 a.m. or 3.00 p.m.) and click ‘CHECKOUT’. ステップ3: 11:30amと3:00pmのうちご希望の回をお選びになり、「CHECKOUT」をクリックして下さい。
Step 4: Fill up the form and click on ‘COMPLETE REGISTRATION’. ステップ4: フォームに必要事項を記入し、「COMPLETE REGISTRATION」をクリックしてください。
Step 5: An e-ticket will be sent to you via email. Please bring this e-ticket with you on the day of the screening. You can print out the e-ticket or show the JFKL staff-on-duty the e-ticket on your phone. ステップ5: E-チケットがE-メールにて送付されます。上映会当日はこちらのチケットを印刷してお持ち下さい。印刷が不可能な場合は、受付係員にチケットが分かる状態の携帯電話などをご提示ください。
REGISTRATION TERMS & CONDITIONS ご予約に際して
1. Each person is allowed to register up to TWO pax only (including yourself). お一人様2席までの予約とさせていただいております。
2. Each show is limited to the first 120 people who registered and have an e-ticket. 上映は各回共に、先着120名様までのご予約とさせていただき、ご予約の上チケットをご提示いただいた方のみご来場いただけます。
3. Those without an e-ticket will not be permitted entry. ご予約頂いていない方のご入場はお断りさせて頂きます。
REGISTRATION ASSISTANCE お問い合わせ
Registration via email and phone is also accepted. Please send a message to press[at]jfkl.org.my or call us at 03 2284 6228. ご不明な点がおありの場合、また、ご自身でのご予約が困難な場合は、当センターまでE-メール email@example.com あるいは03-2284 6228（日本語可）までお電話にてお気軽にお問い合わせください。
Please proceed to the end of this page for the FAQ.
Journey to the Shore 岸辺の旅 (KUROSAWA Kiyoshi 黒沢清 /2015/128 min)
Emotionally flattened by the long absence of her husband Yusuke, young piano teacher Mizuki barely bats an eye when he suddenly reappears in her apartment and explains that he drowned years ago in an accident. Together they embark on a journey to meet the people he befriended on his way through the afterworld.
A moving meditation on the meaning of life, love and loss, the film won Kiyoshi Kurosawa the directing prize in the Un Certain Regard section of the Cannes Film Festival, the first Japanese to achieve the feat.
Cast FUKATSU Eri as Mizuki Yabuuchi ASANO Tadanobu as Yusuke Yabuuchi KOMATSU Masao as Shimakage AOI Yu as Tomoko Matsuzaki
Awards and honours 68th Cannes Film Festival Un Certain Regard Award for Best Director Kiyoshi Kurosawa 10th Asian Film Award for Best Supporting Actor Tadanobu Asano
1. I have a friend/relative who would like to come along. Should we register separately or can I register for him/her as well?
You are allowed to book a ticket for a maximum of two people under your name. Both of you must be present with an e-ticket on the day of the screening in order to enter the auditorium.
2. How about if two or more people wanted to join me?
They would have to register separately.
3. Do I need to have an Eventbrite account to register?
No, you don’t have to. Just choose your desired session and fill up the registration form to obtain your e-ticket.
4. When is the last day to register?
There is no deadline for registration. Registration will be open till the day of the screening or when all available e-tickets have been redeemed, whichever comes first.
5. I have registered and attended the previous screening. Do I still need to register for the next one?
Yes, you must register for each new screening and bring along the relevant e-ticket.
6. How many e-tickets are available for each screening?
120 tickets will be available per session. 120 for the 11.30 a.m. show, and 120 for the 3.00 p.m. show.
7. Is there any other way to register other than through Eventbrite?
Yes, you can register via email (press[at]jfkl.org.my) or phone (03 2284 6228).
8. I registered but just found out that I cannot make it anymore. Can I transfer my ticket to a friend/relative?
Yes, you may but you would need to first inform us via email or phone so that we can change the details in our system.
9. How about if I would like to cancel my registration?
Please inform us via email or phone as well. Your e-ticket could go to someone else who may have missed out on a seat!
10. I’d like to attend the screening but the e-tickets have all ran out. What should I do?
Please send us an email or give us a call. We will inform you if there are any cancellations one day before the screening.