Photo Credit : (c)2016 FUCHI NI TATSU FILM PARTNERS & COMME DES CINEMAS
( 淵に立つ )
(FUKADA Koji 深田晃司 / 2016 / 119 min / P13 )
Drama about an unusual co-habitation arrangement that disturbs a family’s tranquility. Helmed by Fukuda Koji, who has earned international accolades for films including Hospitalité and Au revoir l’été. Winner of the Jury Prize in the Un Certain Regard section at the 69th Cannes Film Festival.
Suzuoka Toshio (Furutachi Kanji) operates a small suburban factory and lives with his wife Akie (Tsutsui Mariko) and daughter Hotaru (Shinokawa Momone). One day, Toshio’s acquaintance Yasaka (Asano Tadanobu) shows up fresh out of prison, and Toshio decides to let Yasaka move in without consulting Akie.
ASANO Tadanobu – YASAKA Sotaro
FURUTACHI Kanji – SUZUOKA Toshio
TSUTSUI Mariko – SUZUOKA Aki
FUKADA Koji – Screenplay
NEGISHI Kenichi – Cinematography
FUKADA Koji – Editor
Film Festivals / Award
2016 Cannes Film Festival, Un Certain Regard, Jury Prize
2016 Tokyo International Film Festival, Japan Now
2016 Toronto International Film Festival, Special Presentations
*Screening will be in Japanese language with English subtitles.
|Date||13th October, 2018 ( Saturday )|
|Time||10.00 a.m ( Registration starts at 9.30 a.m )|
|Venue||GSC NU Sentral, Kuala Lumpur ( Level 5, NU Sentral )|
|Admission / Booking||Admission is Free. Booking is REQUIRED with first-come-first-serve basis and LIMITED to 2 pax under one (1) name ONLY .Method of booking
- I have a friend/relative who would like to come along. Should we register separately or can I register for him/her as well?
You are allowed to book a ticket for a maximum of two people under your name. Both of you must be present with an e-ticket on the day of the screening in order to enter the auditorium.
- How about if two or more people wanted to join me?
They would have to register separately.
- Do I need to have an Eventbrite account to register?
No, you don’t have to. Just choose your desired session and fill up the registration form to obtain your e-ticket.
- When is the last day to register?
There is no deadline for registration. Registration will be open till the day of the screening or when all available e-tickets have been redeemed, whichever comes first.
- I have registered and attended the previous screening. Do I still need to register for the next one?
Yes, you must register for each new screening and bring along the relevant e-ticket.
- How many e-tickets are available for each screening?
130 tickets will be available.
- I registered but just found out that I cannot make it anymore. Can I transfer my ticket to a friend/relative?
Yes, you may but you would need to first inform us via email or phone so that we can change the details in our system.
- How about if I would like to cancel my registration?
Please inform us via email or phone as well. Your e-ticket could go to someone else who may have missed out on a seat!
- I’d like to attend the screening but the e-tickets have all ran out. What should I do?
Please send us an email or give us a call. We will inform you if there are any cancellations one day before the screening.