A Tale of Samurai Cooking – A True Love Story (武士の献立)
( ASAHARA Yuzo 朝原雄三 / 2013 / 121 min / P13 )
Funaki Dennai laid the foundations for Kaga clan cuisine in the Edo Period as a “kitchen samurai” who prepared food for the nobility. This heartwarming drama depicts the internal affairs of the Kaga clan from the perspective of a woman who marries Funaki’s son. It features meals made according to the Funaki family’s recipe collection “Ryori Mugonsho” and recreates the workings of samurai family kitchens at the time. Maid Haru (Ueto Aya) is a talented cook but stubborn, which leads her to divorce her husband after a year. However, she is asked by Kaga clan “kitchen samurai” Dennai (Nishida Toshiyuki) to marry his son and heir Yasunobu (Kora Kengo), and works to remedy his lack of culinary skills.
- UETO Aya as FUNAKI Haru
- KORA Kengo as FUNAKI Yasunobu
- YO Kimiko as FUNAKI Mitsu
- NISHIDA Toshiyuki as FUNAKI Dennai
- ASAHARA Yuzo – Screenplay
- KASHIWADA Michio – Screenplay
- YAMAMURO Yukiko – Screenplay
- IWASHIRO Taro – Music
- OKIMURA Yukihoro – Cinematography
Film Festivals, Award
- 2013 San Sebastian International Film Festival, Culinary Zinema Section
- 2013 Hawaii International Film Festival, Spotlight on Japan Section
- 2013 Tokyo International Film Festival, Special Screenings
- 2014 Berlin International Film Festival, Culinary Cinema Section
*Screening will be in Japanese language with English subtitles.
Photo Credit : (c)2013 “A Tale of Samurai Cooking” Film Partners
|Date||9th June, 2018 ( Saturday )|
|Time||10.00 a.m ( Registration starts at 9.30 a.m )|
|Venue||GSC NU Sentral, Kuala Lumpur ( Level 5, NU Sentral )|
|Admission / Booking||Admission is Free. Booking is REQUIRED with first-come-first-serve basis and LIMITED to 2 pax under one (1) name ONLY .Method of booking
- I have a friend/relative who would like to come along. Should we register separately or can I register for him/her as well?
You are allowed to book a ticket for a maximum of two people under your name. Both of you must be present with an e-ticket on the day of the screening in order to enter the auditorium.
- How about if two or more people wanted to join me?
They would have to register separately.
- Do I need to have an Eventbrite account to register?
No, you don’t have to. Just choose your desired session and fill up the registration form to obtain your e-ticket.
- When is the last day to register?
There is no deadline for registration. Registration will be open till the day of the screening or when all available e-tickets have been redeemed, whichever comes first.
- I have registered and attended the previous screening. Do I still need to register for the next one?
Yes, you must register for each new screening and bring along the relevant e-ticket.
- How many e-tickets are available for each screening?
130 tickets will be available.
- I registered but just found out that I cannot make it anymore. Can I transfer my ticket to a friend/relative?
Yes, you may but you would need to first inform us via email or phone so that we can change the details in our system.
- How about if I would like to cancel my registration?
Please inform us via email or phone as well. Your e-ticket could go to someone else who may have missed out on a seat!
- I’d like to attend the screening but the e-tickets have all ran out. What should I do?
Please send us an email or give us a call. We will inform you if there are any cancellations one day before the screening.