The 2nd Japanese Short Drama Contest for University & College Students
Ever dreamt of being a Japanese soap drama actor or actress? Or just have some fun acting with your friends on a stage setting?
Well, here’s your chance to do so and be part of a drama with your university or college mates!
All you have to do is to create a drama to be presented in a team of four (4) members within seven (7) minutes and the winning team(s) of this contest will be:
– Given the opportunity to present their drama before a live audience during the price award presentation to be held on 25th October 2009
– Awarded certificates, a trophy and other valuable prizes
Contest Rules and Regulations
(1) Each applicant group must perform their short drama in a four (4)-member team.
(2) Each university / college may only recommend a maximum of three (3) groups. However:
(i) Different campuses or faculties of a university / college may each recommend up to three (3) applicant groups.
(ii) Japanese language / cultural clubs officially recognized by a university / college may each recommend only one (1) group.
(3) Eligibility of Applicants
Participating team members must:
(i) be a current student at a university / college in Malaysia at the time of application;
(ii) be a non-native Japanese speaker and neither his/ her parents is Japanese; and
(iii) not be a 2nd or 3rd year student of the Japanese Associated Degree Program (JAD), UNISEL.
(4) Each applicant group’s manuscript & video image together with a completed application form must reach the Japan Foundation, Kuala Lumpur (JFKL) by 4th September 2009, Friday. It is the sole responsibility of each applicant group to ensure that their completed application is delivered to and arrives at JFKL by that date. JFKL shall not be responsible for any undelivered applications. Please note that all applications (including the manuscripts and video images) will not be returned to the applicants.
(5) Each applicant group’s video image must be recorded in either a VCD (CD-R) or DVD (DVD-R).
(6) The selected winning group(s) of this contest will be required to perform their short drama at the 2nd Short Drama Contest for the Preparatory Course on 25th October 2009, Sunday.
(7) The decision of the judges is final.
(8) The applicants or their respective universities shall bear the cost of postage for submitting their applications for the contest.
Closing date: 4th September 2009, Friday
Applications to be sent to:
The Japan Foundation, Kuala Lumpur
18th Floor, North Point, Block B
Mid-Valley City, No.1 Medan Syed Putra
59200 Kuala Lumpur
Further information: Kindly contact Mr. Nobli / Ms. Wei at 03-2284 7228, e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Each winning group will be awarded certificates, a trophy and valuable prizes
– The Japan Foundation Kuala Lumpur (JFKL)
– The Japan Club of Kuala Lumpur (JCKL)
– The Chamber of Trade and Industry Malaysia (JACTIM)
– Embassy of Japan in Malaysia