JAPANESE SPEAKERS’ FORUM 2018 (INDONESIA) Teacher Program Application
(August 23 31, 2018, tentative) Venue: Bali Province, Indonesia (hotel to be confirmed later) Organizers: The Japan Foundation/ Kamenori Foundation
JS Forum 2018 will be held in Bali, Indonesia and will be attended by Japanese language teachers and students from 5 ASEAN countries, namely Indonesia, Thailand, the Philippines, Vietnam and Malaysia (as well as students from Japan). The Forum aims at: -
- Developing a new model in foreign language education to meet the future needs of the younger generations required by the society;
- Developing a ‘Japanese Speaker’ network among secondary school teachers and students; and
- Promoting mutual understanding among youths and global human resources.
During the program, the participating teachers shall: -
- Conduct a simulated lesson incorporating the 21st century skill to be implemented in their home country after the program;
- Discuss and design how to evaluate 21st century skills; and
- Interact with Japanese speakers in Bali.
Malaysian teachers (and those with Malaysian permanent residency status) who have been confirmed in service and: -
- Are currently teaching Japanese as a school subject in Malaysian secondary school for at least 2 years;
- Are actively involved in promoting Japanese language education within and outside the school;
- Have interest and some experience in incorporating 21st century skills in one’s lesson or classroom activity;
- Have a Japanese language proficiency of JLPT N3 and above or its equivalent;
- In good health to participate in the program fully;
- Have obtained the approval from their school principal to participate in this program; and
- Shall continue to service as a Japanese language teacher in the same school after attending the program.
Download the application form HERE
. Completed application form should be emailed to email@example.com by April 30, 2018 (12noon).
Successful applicants will be provided with a returned air ticket (economy class), accommodation (room sharing basis), daily meals and overseas travel accident insurance during the program.