The Japan Foundation, Kuala Lumpur (JFKL) 18th Floor, Northpoint, Tower B, Mid Valley City, No. 1, Medan Syed Putra, 59200 Kuala Lumpur
|Position||Public Relations Officer (Full-time)|
The officer serves to assist in a broad range of public relations tasks, which includes the coordination and execution of public relations for all programmes of the Cultural Affairs Department as well as issues related to JFKL. Although assignments will be under the supervision and direction of more senior colleagues who produce the respective programmes and events, it is much encouraged that the officer takes an active part in charge of each project in addition to developing new ideas and contributing to more effective discharge of duties.
Media Relations 1. Produce press releases and contact media to obtain publicity for programmes and events.
Production of Publicity Materials 2. Produce and manage the following materials as well as handle the distribution of printed matter (design and HTML skills not necessary but would be an added advantage):
POSM such as posters, flyers, programme booklets, invitations, questionnaires, and so on Website and Facebook page Monthly email newsletter Teman Baru (bimonthly newsletter)
Coordination of PR-related Tasks for Events 3. Manage and schedule public relations activities to obtain appropriate audience and attention to the event. 4. Arrange photography/videography of the event for internal use. 5. Collect and summarise audience feedback 6. Assist in the implementation of events; e.g. ushering, attending to guests and artists, reception. 7. Expand archive of past projects and materials for the website.
Management of General Enquiries and Database 8. Attend to enquiries by members of the public via email, phone, Facebook, and other forms of contact. 9. Maintain JFKL database of contacts.
Implementation of Project 10. Assist in the implementation of programmes and events relating to arts and culture. 11. Assist in other such duties and matters assigned from time to time.
|Start of Work||From mid-September onwards (negotiable). No later than 1 October, 2017.|
Work Schedule 1. Mondays to Fridays, 8.30 a.m.4.30 p.m. (lunchtime 12.30 p.m.2.00 p.m.)
2. Weekend work may be required depending on the programme/event schedule and will be compensated with either replacement leave or overtime pay.
3. Overtime work may be required and will be fully paid according to the Malaysian Employment Act.
|Salary RM2,500 to RM3,200 depending on experience|
Entitlements 1. 14 days annual leave and 14 days medical leave per fiscal year
2. Personal/accident insurance, transportation allowance, EPF, SOCSO, and other additional benefits.
1. Possess a diploma or degree.
2. Age: From fresh graduates to around 35 years old (negotiable)
3. Fluent in Bahasa Malaysia and English. Japanese is not necessary but would be an added advantage.
4. Basic computer skills; i.e. Microsoft Office, email etiquette.
5. Candidates who can complete the whole term of the contract (3 years) will be preferred.
6. Preference will be given to candidates with related experience especially in the following areas: public relations, hospitality and service, performing arts, fine arts, film, cultural agencies, international agencies.
7. Good communication and task management skills.
|Application Deadline||Please send the following to email@example.com with the subject line “Job Application” by 15 August, 2017. 1. Full CV (with recent photo, age, complete academic and work history, expected salary) 2. What is your related experience with Arts/Culture/Japan? 3. Why do you want to work with JFKL? Successful candidates will be notified with dates of interview.|
Ms. Hiromi Ikeda Cultural Affairs Department
Phone: 03 2284 6228 Fax: 03 2287 5869 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org