The restoration project of “Mukhsin” was carried out by The Japan Foundation Asia Center (JFAC) in an effort to restore Asian masterpieces, with kind cooperation of Primeworks Studios and Imagica Lab in Japan under the supervision of Low Soon Keong, the Director of Photography of the film. The project was carried out using a 35 mm positive print and utilised globally acclaimed Japanese film restoration technology. The restored version was premiered at the 33rd Tokyo International Film Festival (TIFF) in October 2020.
“Mukhsin” had its world premiere at the 19th Tokyo International Film Festival back in 2006 with the presence of Yasmin and two of the main cast, Sharifah Aryana and Shafie Naswip. It tells a story of the blossoming romance between Orked (Aryana) and Mukhsin (Shafie) who visits her village to spend the school holidays. This film is the last of the Orked trilogy, and a prequel to “Sepet” and “Gubra”. “Mukhsin” went on to win the Generation Kplus International Jury’s Grand Prix of the Deutsches Kinderhilfswerk at the 57th Berlin International Film Festival (2007). It has continued to receive screenings and acclaim around the world.
Mukhsin (4K Digitally Restored Version)
2006 / 102 min / P13
Cinematographer: Low Soon Keong
Producer: Ahmad Puad Onah, Rosnah Mat Kassim
Cast: Mohd Syafie Naswip, Sharifah Aryana, Sharifah Aleya, Adibah Noor, Irwan Iskandar Abidin
Story: Orked, a 10-year-old girl and soccer fan becomes good friends with 12-year-old Mukhsin, who is staying at his relative’s house during summer holidays. Their families and the people around them warmly observe their little romance, but farewell approaches.
Venue: GSC Mid Valley
Date: 26 March 2022 (Saturday)
Timeslots: (Ticket bookings will start from 9:00 AM, 18 March onwards.)
|1:00 PM||3:15 PM|
HOW TO REGISTER
Step 1: Click on your preferred timeslots above to register.
Step 2: You will be redirected to the official Eventbrite page. Click on ‘REGISTER’.
Step 3: Fill up the form and click on ‘COMPLETE REGISTRATION’.
Step 4: An e-ticket will be sent to you via email. Please bring this e-ticket with you on the day of the screening. You can print out the e-ticket or show the JFKL staff-on-duty the e-ticket on your phone.
REGISTRATION TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Each person is allowed to register up to TWO pax only (including yourself).
- Each screening has limited seatings. Kindly ensure that you have registered and have received the e-ticket via email.
- Those without an e-ticket will not be permitted entry.
Please send a message to info[at]jfkl.org.my or call us at 03-2284 6228.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
- I have a friend/relative who would like to come along. Should we register separately or can I register for him/her as well?
You are allowed to book a ticket for a maximum of two people under your name. Both of you must be present with an e-ticket on the day of the screening in order to enter the auditorium.
- How about if two or more people wanted to join me?
They would have to register separately.
- Do I need to have an Eventbrite account to register?
No, you don’t have to. Just choose your desired session and fill up the registration form to obtain your e-ticket.
- When is the last day to register?
There is no deadline for registration. Registration will be open till the day of the screening or when all available e-tickets have been redeemed, whichever comes first.
- I have registered and attended the previous screening. Do I still need to register for the next one?
Yes, you must register for each new screening and bring along the relevant e-ticket.
- I registered but just found out that I cannot make it anymore. Can I transfer my ticket to a friend/relative?
Yes, you may but you would need to first inform us via email or phone so that we can change the details in our system.
- How about if I would like to cancel my registration?
Please inform us via email or phone as well. Your e-ticket could go to someone else who may have missed out on a seat!
- I’d like to attend the screening but the e-tickets have all ran out. What should I do?
Please send us an email or give us a call. We will inform you if there are any cancellations one day before the screening.