Calling for participants! Last chance! Limited seats available!
By inviting Japanese Noh performers, Soichiro Hayashi and Hiroyuki Matsuno, The Japan Foundation, Kuala Lumpur (JFKL) is organizing a 3-day masterclass which aims to deepen the knowledge of Japanese traditional performing arts of Noh following the previous workshop which was held at ASWARA in 2017. This year, we are looking for experienced participants with high motivation and interest to gain new physical vocabulary and deep interest in the unique philosophy embodied in Japanese traditional cultures to sign up.
Date of the project
25th (Monday) - 28thFebruary ( Thursday) 2019
Rimbun Dahan, KM.27 Jalan Kuang, Kuang, 48050 Selangor, Malaysia.
NO OF PARTICIPANTS
Maximum 20 participants
Qualification and Requirements
- Full participation in the program during 25th 28th February 2019 is required.
- Dancers, actors and performers who are based in Malaysia.
- Minimum of three (3) years dance or physical theater experiences.
- Has a deep interest in Japanese traditional performing arts.
- Strong motivation to venture new artistic practices to develop further skills and experience.
What JFKL offers
- Participant fees and admission for this masterclass is FREE of charge.
- JFKL will arrange shuttle bus as for the daily transportation from Mid Valley to the venue.
- JFKL will provide meal on the wrap-up day on 28th of the masterclass.
- Masterclass will be conducted in Japanese and Japanese-English interpreter will be provided by JFKL.
- During 25th 27th, meals will not be provided. Participants and observers shall prepare their own meals.
- Participants from outside of Klang Valley should arrange their own accommodation; JFKL will not be responsible or bear any cost.
How to apply
STEP 1 : Fill in this form here -->https://goo.gl/forms/EAbGGtkvQiTiK8iv2
STEP 2 : In case you failed to upload the additional information, please send the material to Stephanie, at applyjfkl[at]gmail[dot]com
* Additional information:
- Photo (Head-shot)
- Link of your video materials of your performance(s).
Please do NOT attach any heavy files in the e-mail, do use file sending services instead; Or share us the available link of your file(s)/video(s) for our reference.
Only shortlisted participants will be notified byFriday, 15th February, 2019
Due to the criteria and a limited number of participants, we welcome interested candidate to join as an observer. It is free of charge. Observer(s) could choose to take the shuttle bus to commute to the venue as JFKL shall arrange a shuttle bus for the daily transportation from Mid Valley to the venue. Observers RVSP are on a first come, first served basis.
Please email your details as such to stephanie[at]jfkl[dot]org[dot]my:
- Contact No.
- Organization Name (if any)
- No. of Pax
- Preferred Date to Attend
- Shuttle Bus Preferences
*You mayfindthe information about this programme and the instructor's details here.
If you have any question about this masterclass, call us at 03-2284-6228. (8:30am 4:30pm, Monday Friday except public holiday)